Tenaciously Fighting for your Rights Sex crimes remain some of the most seriously prosecuted crimes in Texas. These crimes include solicitation of prostitution, indecent exposure, aggravated sexual assault or rape, possession or distribution of child pornography, online solicitation of a minor, indecency with a child, and kidnapping involving sexual assault. Most of these crimes are felony offenses and can damage your reputation. At Berlof & Newton, P.C. we will do earthing we can to protect your name, freedom, and future.
We have 40 years of combined legal experience and the tenacity to fight for your whether inside or outside the courtroom. For a free consultation with our Dallas sex crimes lawyer, call our office right away at (214) 827-2800. Possible Penalties for Sex Crimes in Texas In Texas, a sex crime conviction typically includes fines, prison time and having to register as a sex offender.
The Various Penalty Ranges
In Texas, the various penalty ranges are as follows:
• Class B misdemeanor offense – Up to 180 days in county jail and $2,000.00 in fines
• Class A misdemeanor offense – Up to one year in county jail and $4,000.00 in fines
• State Jail felony offense – 180 days to two years in state jail and $10,000 in fines
• Third-Degree felony offense – two to ten years in prison and $10,000 in fines
• Second-Degree felony offense – two to twenty years in prison and $10,000 in fines
• First-Degree felony offense – 5 to 99 years, or life, in prison and $10,000 in fines Oftentimes, sex crime cases are only based on the accusations of alleged witnesses.
The evidence on the table may be inadmissible and the individuals providing testimony could lack credibility. When it comes to these types of charges false accusations are common. No matter what type of sex offense you have been charged with, we encourage you to call Berlof & Newton, P.C. and speak with our Dallas sex crimes defense lawyer immediately. You can reach us at (214) 827-2800.
Locations We Service: Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Dallas County, Desoto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Garland, Highland Park, Irving , Lancaster, Mesquite, Richardson, Rowlett, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park,Allen, Collin County, Frisco, Plano